Thursday, August 04, 2011

waiting on some sign

this is the month when i'm tired of seeing the same spring stock in shops but not ready to commit to any fall collections. the sticker shock of shopping in toronto has made me hold ever tighter to my purse strings, but an impending trip to CA in less than two weeks means i may be in for a mini shopping spree.



i've never thought of myself as a floral print person (stripes and more stripes, please), but these two Steven Alan Fall 2011 pieces have me intrigued. i'm still on the hunt for a dress for my friend's wedding. ermie's huipil in ave. 51 print is a top contender since comfort seems to be the theme of the season.

5 comments:

Moya said...

Oh I love the second dress! I'm trying so hard to be good--there is a Jeffrey Monteiro coat on Gilt I want and shoes at CoC and Kick Pleat but do I need a 12th coat or more heels? That said, the sandals would fill a needed hole. I don't need another coat but they are my weak spots.

Moya said...

I vote for the bottom dress for the wedding--it's cotton and looks so comfortable.

erica said...

i think it looks like a winner, too! pretty and still summery enough for an early sept. garden wedding.

jennifer said...

I'm with Moya, the shorter dress would be perfect to wear to a garden wedding. As beautiful as that Mina Stone dress is, I think you'd get a lot more wear out of this Steven Alan one.

Unknown said...

Love that top dress - already on my fall wishlist...love the second too but so wishing it were a bit longer or I had her leggs!