Monday, July 02, 2012

the perfect summer dress {ilana kohn}

i was at robber on saturday (happy canada day!) and was finally able to try on ilana's abby dress in the green leaf print. i was hesitant about the color and fit and thought maybe i would like the magenta rose print, but reds are tricky for me. it just didn't work with my playground tan. anyway, i seem to be on a brights kick because i instantly fell in love with the green...plus the leaf print is pretty amazing. if you're on the fence about this dress, i say go for it! the crepe de chine is light as air yet doesn't feel flimsy. my favorite thing about the dress is how it drapes and flutters when you walk. perfect for catching a breeze. if i had any casual weddings to go to this summer, i would love wearing this dress. as for the fit, the medium fit me perfectly, but i would want to go with a large for a slouchier look. i'm still about ten pounds from my pre-pregnancy self, so maybe i would be better off with a medium in the long run. it's hard to say when i'll be back in my old clothes, so for now i'm in a holding pattern when it comes to shopping. but i can't help but add my enthusiasm for ilana's clothing, especially now that i've seen the abby dress in person!

4 comments:

erica-knits said...

Oh, I'm glad you tried it on! I would love to pick up the green leaf print one. It is so beautiful.

erica said...

I know, the print is really wonderful. I was worried the dress would be too delicate, but as long as you aren't with small children, it should be fine.

ilana kohn said...

erica, ahh! thanks so much for the wonderful write up! i consider this the highest compliment coming from someone with rsuch high standards who really expects a heck of a lot from her clothes. :) xx

leanne said...

erica - i looooooove mine, although i haven't been able to wear it yet. i'm thinking in california it may happen. if you do it, go for the medium. i think the straps are set pretty wide on the large (even for my swimmer's shoulders).