Monday, January 06, 2014

Birthday Wish List / pt. 2


Ewanika is a Toronto-based women's line. I often pass by the shop while driving up Bathurst but have never found the time to visit. This past weekend I finally went, and it was well worth the effort. Beautifully crafted clothing in gorgeous fabrics and muted hues. The shop also carries complementary brands like Hope and MM6. I tried on the Hilary dress, which is made from the softest and most forgiving double-knit wool. Even at 40% off, it's still a bit much for me. Nonetheless, I rarely have such transformative moments in the dressing room where the dress not only fits well but also makes you feel more polished and sophisticated. I didn't go into academia just so I could dress the part, but this kind of dress is exactly what I imagine my dream self wearing as a professor. Oh, if only that dream weren't so elusive!

4 comments:

Sarge in Charge said...

What a gorgeous selection they have. Hope you can find a way to get that dress- even though it may seem silly it could be worth the psychological boost?

erica said...

I don't think it's silly at all considering the multiple blows to my self-esteem. I'm hoping for an additional mark-down, but maybe I'll spring for it anyway. It's always good to support truly independent local designers who consistently do excellent work.

jen said...

There's something to be said for getting those perfect pieces when you find them. I'm a terrible shopping enabler, but also a big believer in getting one amazing item rather than several all right ones. And it's not like it's a bright pink ruffled silk dress or something; it's still pretty "practical." ;-)

Adrienne said...

Ewanika is amazing!! Also, this season went on final markdown this weekend. Honestly, everything I've ever bought from the boutique is worth its weight in gold for quality & how elegant it makes you feel.