Wednesday, August 11, 2010

archetypes

pour porter's recent post about archetypal style started me thinking about my own attempts to pare down the wardrobe. i'm going to be teaching in the fall, and a part of me knows this is my only opportunity to bring out my pretty frocks and skirts. but i'm hoping to give these special pieces room to breathe by interspersing them with my uniform. button down shirt, not-too-skinny trousers, and moccasins/boots.


slightly obsessed with the teeny eton collar on baron wells' shirts. now if only jcrew's pants fit me well, i would be set for fall.

4 comments:

Welcome! said...

hi ms. erica! i just stumbled upon your sweet sweet blog and it's lovely! i look forward to following your adventures in the future! xo, kate

Unknown said...

oh yes...do dress wonderfully....;) congrats about teaching!

Anna said...

Erica,

The archetypal style post you linked to is interesting. I'm going to be teaching a course this semester, too, while I write my dissertation. If you ever feel so inclined, I'd love to see a post or hear your ideas on good, classic pieces for the upcoming school year! I'm already thinking in that direction, and am already tempted by the R. Comey Mars boots. I'm always looking for good jeans and was tempted by the high-waisted, pure denim jeans at Emersonmade (I've already invested in her dotted silk blouse, which I think will be nice for teaching). I want a great cardigan this year, too (long-ish). And my wardrobe is sorely lacking in nice trousers. I clearly have my work cut out for me!

nanashi said...

Hey Erica, I was just thinking the same and then came across your post! I look forward to your postings about the perfect trouser and shoes.