Friday, December 20, 2013

Winter Break



Black Crane Square Shirt
Grades are submitted, presents have been purchased, and it looks like we might finally have a white Christmas after 10 years of waiting. I'm looking forward to seeing a movie or two (Her and American Hustle) and baking cookies with the boys. Maybe even sledding and ice skating.

I've been shopping so much at J.Crew lately. The quality is iffy, but the sales have been too good to resist. I do wish there were a Muji or Uniqlo in Toronto. Also, sometimes I forget that there are nice basics like Black Crane at relatively affordable prices. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. If you're on break, don't forget to take the time to do something completely frivolous. I have spent the past 10 years skipping family celebrations and daily pleasures in order to scan books and edit essays. (Almost) everything was placed on the back burner in pursuit of something I thought was attainable. I'm done with this ascetic lifestyle. There has to be a better way, I'm just not sure what it is.

8 comments:

julia said...

I too have been putting a lot on the back burner this month, it's challenging keeping up with friends and family with so much work to do, even though I'd much rather be doing all that. I'm looking forward to the holiday break very much indeed! I keep wanting to get something from Black crane, the basics seem really nice and the colors are good too.

We got your card! Thank you! The boys look so cute in it. Hope that you have a great Christmas! :)

jennifer said...

Happy holidays, Erica! Here's to fun!

erica said...

I hope you both have a wonderful holiday! I'm especially looking forward to see a few movies, the laptop is no substitute.

aprovecharse said...

Well said Erica. May 2014 bring very good things...

joyce said...

Happy holidays! You've earned a well-deserved break.

Jocy said...

Happy holidays, Erica! Here's to a wonderful 2014.

Moya said...

Happy Holidays--I hope you have fun with Matthew and your lovely boys. I know what you mean about the ascetic academic lifestyle and the best thing to do is preserve the Christmas break for family and fun, Hope 2014 is wonderful for all of you.

Sarge in Charge said...

Enjoy your family and frivolous time! It sounds like it is richly deserved.

I am right there with you on the shopping front- I was all prepared to spend some money on a new black blazer for work and then I see that J. Crew has a cute one for 40% off the sale price! Next thing I know, I've ordered a blue blazer and two work tops on top of that. Ah well, I can always return them if the quality disappoints...