Monday, November 14, 2011

steven alan dresses


aside from the fact that very little i covet will fit me, i have been dreaming up shopping lists for nyc. the agnes dress reminds me of my catholic school jumper. it would be so sweet paired with a thin cashmere sweater, wool tights, and oxfords. i'm still in love with the vivian dress in the floral print. next to rachel comey, steven alan makes my favorite prints.

anyone else out there pregnant this fall and winter and feeling frustrated by the fitted waistlines this season? i need to invest in a pair of j brand maternity jeans and a down parka, but am at a loss when it comes to everything else. dressing for a long winter can be daunting, especially as every additional layer adds to your discomfort.

6 comments:

jennifer said...

These dresses are the only two things I've purchased all season. I'm convinced that they are the best things that I've ever bought from Steven Alan. I wear them constantly.

Did you see the Reinfery29 Reserve deal for Steven Alan? It expires today, I believe.

Also, I don't know much about maternity wear, but I think Madewell usually has several dress styles with elastic waists. Maybe they'd be easier to wear?

erica said...

i didn't see the Refinery29 reserve deal, so thanks for passing that along, jennifer!

i keep hoping that all of the sample sales will magically occur while we're in town...

julia said...

hey! ack, i owe you an email :) i love that first dress!! gingham!

when are you going to be in nyc? maybe it'll be when we're down there (around the 10th).

evencleveland said...

Hitting the SA sample sale bright and early Thursday AM ... lemme know if you want me to keep an eye out for anything!

Marti said...

Erica, the steven alan dress is on sale (with free shipping) on saks.com.

janul said...

Hi Erica! I´m also pregnant and due in april. It´s my second time being pregnant during winter and it´s kind of awful :). The only coat that fits me is not warm enough, luckily for me the winter we have here is quite mild this year... I´m certainly looking forward to wearing my usual clothes once the bump is gone :).