This room is also a primary play space, although the living room is unsurprisingly more popular. But we store most of the toys here. I finally bought a toy bench from Ikea, and it has been a godsend. I call it the black hole because it holds so much including oversized items.
Finally, the room is our storage area. We added two new shelving units for stuff that belongs in a closet: linens, tools, bicycle stuff, important files, and overflow clothing. As you can see, a stroller, bike pump, and vacuum, are often shoved in the corner as well. The closet holds even more unsightly stuff as well as winter coats.
Soon we're going to get a full bed for this room because Leon, Elias, and I will sleep here while my mom takes over the other room. I've spent hours playing with the layout, which Matthew drew up in Rhino.
These are the projects I need to tackle:
- Storage boxes need to be more uniform or complementary with the rest of the space
- The dresser was a Craigslist bargain. I can't stand the color, so we'll either repaint or buy something else
- A different curtain, shorter in length, or a roller blind
- Too much blue! I swear it wasn't intentional.
- I don't like the Poang, but it's great for getting Elias to fall asleep. I would love to replace it with a more attractive high-backed armchair.
|If only! Dwell Studio Hans Chair (leather or fabric)|