Friday, October 13, 2006

dries van noten

I love Dries Van Noten. In fact, I used to adore Marni, but nowadays I feel a) Marni has become redundant and overexposed b) I think her clothes overwhelm my own style to the extent that I become simply a girl wearing a Marni skirt.
I bought this dress at LouisBoston's fabulous half-yearly clearance sale. It was a last-minute find, and my dear friend Erin convinced me it was worth the splurge ($200 more than I had been willing to spend that day). I think it's one of the best purchases I've made in years. I feel it complements my personality rather nicely. Plus, it has this wonderful quality of being both impeccably structured and effortlessly floaty at the same time.

Dries Van Noten silk dress from Spring 2006: $500, marked down from $1000
Rebecca Beeson black shirt: $15, from Loehmanns

Total: $515 (a spendy but worthwhile outfit)

No comments: