Tuesday, January 10, 2012

dressing for warmth




leon insists on being in all of my photos. he also insists on holding my hand.

as you can see, i've been wearing pretty much my regular clothing aside from my new jbrand mama j jeans and a primoeza cardigan. i'm one of those people who can't stand belly panels, so the jbrands work perfectly for me. i ordered them online, but i highly recommend trying them on because i think i probably could have gone down one size. i usually wear long underwear if it's colder than 30F, but the waistband isn't very comfortable for long periods of time.

one of the things i struggle with is footwear because my feet went up half a size after the first pregnancy--and never went back. i can still wear most of my shoes with thin socks because i always buy shoes that are too big for me. however, my No. 6 buckle ankle boots are the only things that comfortably fit with heavier wool socks, but as i get wobblier, they'll probably have to be replaced. thankfully there hasn't been much snow or ice, so far! if i weren't pregnant--or if i could be guaranteed an ice-free winter--i would order these No. 6 shearling lined lace-up boots in an instant.

11 comments:

Moya said...

I love your outfits--and I cannot believe how big Leon is. He's adorable.

joyce said...

you both are too cute! and i also love those boots, but the laces would really get to me after a while.

R.G. said...

you look beautiful, erica! leon is getting so tall.

jennifer said...

Aww, Leon is getting so big! You look fantastic in all of your outfits! I so wish I could pull off those No.6 boots as well as you!

erica said...

i know, i can't believe how big leon is. also he talks so much. it will be strange to have a newborn again...!

erica-knits said...

Leon looks so big! It's crazy how much he's grown, wow! I think it's so sweet that he wants to be in all of your pictures, aw.

Thank goodness for the mild winter we've had so far. I hope it stays this way!

P R I M O E Z A said...

leon is just gorgeous and the cardi looks great on you.

julia said...

i like leon's pose in the 2nd picture, he looks like he's going to bust out an awesome dance move!

i still want a pair of the buckle boots like you have but i don't know whether to get the 39's or stick with the 40's. i wish i had gone to the store when i had a chance. i'm trying to talk both of us into going down for one night but it's less tempting during the winter!

erica said...

oof, the sizing is tricky. it's too bad stel's doesn't have the lower-heel buckle boot.

sometimes i wear thicker socks so the fit is snugger. maybe you should stick with the 40s?

Jessica said...

That first photo makes my heart melt, the holding hand and the way he is smiling at you, so adorable! I am also struggling with shoes, my right foot went up one size and my left stayed the same after I had Oliver, I got away with it in the summer with sandals, but now I can't get away with it anymore. Ugh.

leanne said...

erica - the pictures are great. you look amazing and i can't believe how leon has grown!

where id you get your j brands and which style are they? i am too lazy to order 6 different pairs to try and can't seem to find a store that sells them! i have a pair of belly panel wider leg 7's from last time and can't stand to wear them right now.

plus i guess i'm reluctant to pay so much but can't seem to find anything marked down. would love to hear if you have the legging style or more trad jean style.

thanks!