Wednesday, January 04, 2012

a new semester





a few things on sale at frances may....
mociun leggings in my favorite print
beautiful brown shade of acne pistol boots

and i wish there were a womens' version of this pendleton ranch coat

looking forward to the totokaelo end of season sale that starts on saturday. i just submitted grades for the fall semester and have 10 days before class starts up again. i finally joined a gym because outdoor winter jogging just isn't happening this year. am i crazy for wanting the sisii fishtail parka? it's much much colder than i imagined it would be in toronto. i don't mind snow and slush, but -15F windchill on tuesday had me ready to book a flight home to california. i have a very warm maternity friendly parka, but it is so heavy and difficult to move in.

speaking of which, once i find my camera cord, i'm going to do a couple of posts on the challenges of maternity dressing when it's colder than 20F during the final trimester. it's not for the faint of heart!

9 comments:

jennifer said...

The Sisii parkas are gorgeous...but so expensive...and I bet the leather makes them extremely heavy. But, they would be able to block out those winds.

I really wish that I had purchased the APC fur trim parka this season or had enough money for the United Bamboo fishtail parka.

Stay warm and enjoy your 10-day break!

alyson said...

there's a similar version of the ranch coat in the 2012 Portland Collection line, not that it helps right now, but something to look forward to this fall!

Marga said...

I want those boots. I could deal with a $200 version, but even on sale that's too much. Good thing they don't have my size ;)

joyce said...

the annette blazer is also on sale on the SA website, with an additional 25% off. i ordered on yesterday...

evencleveland said...

The parka is nice, but I am suspicious about how warm it would actually be ... it says flannel lining, which is nothing when you are facing Great Lakes cold!

I think once it gets below zero, pretty much everyone loses ease of movement. I used to have to literally 'double-down' in Cleveland - a down sweater under a down parka (and that was on top of long johns!)

julia said...

you're not crazy for wanting the parka!!

it's way below freezing here today. i hid inside the whole day, i'm such a wimp.

erica said...

i've been looking for a wind-proof outer-layer, probably layered with my super-thin down coat, and long-johns. i wonder if the leather is super heavy on the sisii. i've been able to find it online for about $1000.

i won't be buying any more down coats until i find a company that can guarantee non-force fed goose down.

i wish i could just stay inside when it's super cold, but those days are over for me :(

h said...

Those boots! They are dangerous.

amy said...

I hate to say it lady. But it will get colder. So be prepared. Apparently it's supposed to be a mild winter, but it will get down to -15F PLUS wind chill (and colder) several times in late January, February, and March. Up in Montreal (where i live now) it's that much worse. Around this time every year that I question why people actually live here. I'm convinced it's not truly habitable!!!